Friday, April 9, 2021

Cord 'n' ruffles!

Hello Spring sewers!

I've been sewing up a storm to get through these last weeks, and here are two fruits of my labours. The skirt is a modified By Hand London Charlotte Skirt - front extended to make a button placket, and three belt loops added round the back. The nice brown baby cord is from my stash, and I can't remember where before that... 


I've made the Charlotte Skirt A LOT, one way and another. Mostly as part of the button-through dress I've made four iterations of. I'm happy with the fit on me, apart from the normal (for me) pencil-skirt issues. I love the pencil skirt silhouette, but in order for it to fit by the evening, it needs to be too big in the morning... the belt and loops help with this adjustment during the day. I guess an elasticated waist at the back might be another solution... till then, this fix is the best I've managed.


Back vent for added walking potential. 


The shirt is yet another version of my ongoing play around with the original Simplicity 8523 (view B) - this one is the same the last in every way except for a gather ruffled collar this time. I think I measured the neckline and multiplied by 1.5 - ruffley goodness. The cream buttons are from The Swagman's Daughter - lots of lovely goodies on there, I highly recommend a peruse if you aren't familiar with the website!


Hard to photograph this lovely black Swiss dot - here's a better one - and the ruffle shows up more as well! There's a lot of SD cotton around at the moment, hurrah, but this one is from Minerva and I'm happy with its quality.


Until soon, sewing friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment