Monday, April 26, 2021

Stripey Mindy

 Hello sewing friends!


Here I am with a Fibre Mood Mindy, this time made into a long shift dress. I LOVE this one! It's in stripey fabric from Merchant & Mills - a little see-through, as these photos have shown me, but nothing a slip won't cure. And I really feel good in this dress.


Having made the Mindy top a couple of times, and having modified the back to be higher (I don't love designs that have my back out - it feels weird, like sleeping without a cover on. Monster bait!) I felt okay just extending this from the bodice, flaring it enough to get over my hips.


It's a bit of a shapeless tent without the tie belt - a magical addition to so many dresses, in my opinion.


I also made another Fennel Fanny Pack. I love this pattern - but I think the original isn't really big enough for life's day-to-day essentials (now including sunglasses and earphones). I deepened it this time by 1", and lengthened it by 2". I didn't use either stiff fabric, or interfacing - which was an error. It's a lovely bag but I think should be much stiffer to hold its shape. Next time, which there will be - these make great gifts, too.



Until soon my sewing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment