Sunday, November 18, 2018

A dress for a book launch!

Hello November sewers!


I hope you are all well! I  am here to show a dress I made for the recent launch party for my comic book, Welcome to Oddleigh, published by the brilliant Bog Eyed Books! I haven't been sewing all that much lately - comics and work have been taking up all my time. But I knew I wanted to make something special for the launch, and that I'd feel good about myself in something handmade.


I had this white speckled cotton in my stash, and wanted to have another go at this button-down dress hack I've made up a few times now. I wear the most recent blue one a lot, and feel happy with the fit, so it was fairly simple to make up this white dress. The bodice started out, way back, as an Anna hack and the skirt is the Charlotte skirt - so it's a By Hand London Frankenpattern one way or another!


I can't now remember where the sleeves came from, or indeed if they are basically self-drafted. Anyway, the whole effect of this felt really pleasingly 80s to me, and I am seriously happy with it!


And I remembered to add one of the brilliant labels my friends Alice and Barney gave me for my 40th! I love them so much.

The buttons are from The Cloth House, where most of my buttons come from!


And here's a pic of the dress in action on the night! My wonderful friends from my studio bought me the police hat to top it off - I'm not sure many gifts have made me happier!



Friends and balloons and comics and beer - who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment