Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sapporo Coat

Hello fellow sewers!

I am here to show off my new Sapporo Coat by Papercut Patterns, which I made last weekend.


I made up the size S/XS (they are the same) and I'm really happy with the fit. In fact, I'm just totally thrilled with this coat, and have worn it every day since I finished it. It's perfect for the weather we've been having these past couple of weeks. 


I have nothing really to say about the construction of this coat - it was really easy, with no head-scratching moments for me, apart from one bit about the lining which re-reading demystified! All the pieces lined up so nicely, and the instructions were clear and easy to follow.


You can make out the nice style lines down the back here - they curve round the sides to match up with the pocket lines at the front. 


Both my fabrics are from Fabric World on Goldhawk Road - a speckled brown wool/poly blend for the shell, and a nice blue cotton with tiny checks for the inside. Both washed and pressed really easily, so I won't need to bother dry-cleaning this guy. The suggested fabrics were basically anything woven - there is so much possibility for both winter and summer versions.


WIDE sleeves - slight confusingly (to me) the instructions refer to the sleeves as the cuffs - I guess the sleeves are cut on, and then the added bit are cuffs... cuffs/sleeves, whichever: they're great!


 I have an urge for a bright tartan one next... Also it might be worth having some fun with the lining fabric, as it does peep out quite a bit while being worn.

Hope you're having lovely Sundays, thank you for reading and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment