Friday, July 21, 2017

Second Vintage Shirt Dress

Hello sewers!


After my last Sew Over It Vintage Shirt Dress, I went almost straight on to this one! It's in a navy khadi cotton from The Cloth House - I think it was £6.50 a metre, so pretty bargainous for their prices. I LOVE everything in that shop, but it doesn't come cheap... Anyway this cotton is lovely; it has imperfections in the weave but I think they add to the charm.


I didn't make further changes from the last time, apart from lengthening and narrowing the skirt on the pattern. And I went for covered buttons this time, which I really like.


I also added the tie at the back again, just to cinch it in a little further.


And a brooch of my mum's! Vintage-tacular. I think this will be a nice dress for autumn.

Until soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this shirt dress! The colour is awesome and I also love those little slubs of imperfection. I think that's why linen and dupion silk are 2 of my favourite fabrics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janene! I absolutely love dupion silk too but haven't had much of a chance to sew with it yet!

      Delete