Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sewing roundup!!

Still working to finish up this book - it will be done by the middle of next week, and then onto new things! Partly trying to get some more stuff together to sell at Hifest...

In the meantime, I've been carrying on the sewing. First up is the Miette blouse from Tilly and the Buttons. I made this for my mum, but in the end a blue shirt I'd made was a better match for her.

Front view

Back, with buttons from Mum's button box!

Copied from old Jaeger charity shop shirt - let's pretend those buttons aren't sewn down sans buttonholes.

Shirt outside Mum!

I also had a go with some cotton jersey, and with some flammable horrorfabric from Goldhawk Road. But I love the white dress even so, I feel like a powerful 80s lady in it - a feeling I enjoy very much. 

Sewing stretch cotton - pretty forgiving.

Powerful. Channelling Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

1 comment:

  1. I say "excellent, jolly good!" to all these things. Ooh, sewing projects as presents....ahem...ahem!!
    Also wondering will you have some Christmas card packs I can buy for this year? Ella xxx

    ReplyDelete