Thursday, October 23, 2014

Washi Dress!

I sewed up this dress last night - it's the Washi Dress pattern by Rae Hoekstra. It was really fun to make, and I got to attempt two new things - shirring and using bias binding. Both seemed to work fine for me this time. My sister was with me and commented while I was reading the pattern aloud (excellent chat by me) that it was another language, which I guess is a big part of what I'm enjoying so much (despite being a bit of a stinker at learning languages). Already, things that were utterly baffling four months ago are starting to take shape, slowly, in the ole bean. 

I haven't hemmed this yet, but couldn't wait to wear it! Naughty. The fabric is from The Cloth House, and was actually bought for a costume which hasn't yet had an outing... but I think this dress can still be part of it! 

My first PDF pattern experience - and it was a good one! Satisfied the impatient "but I want it now!" part of me.


Wistful in Washi.

What's happening down here? in Washi.

Shirring? Sure thing!

You can even read excellent comics while in Washi!

I loved making this, and think I'll enjoy wearing it - it's a great pattern for all the blissful quilting weight cottons you see... 

**VERDICT: The Washi Dress was better than "a wash" for me! Ha! Ha! Ha!**

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed. Your new dress is fantastic! It makes me want to write a post about my peacock dress soon! I'm really enjoying reading your blog and seeing your latest sewing projects! Ex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emma! Yes please do write about your dress, would love to read! x

    ReplyDelete