Friday, January 21, 2022

First Wiksten Unfolding Jacket!

 But certain not to be the last! I don't know what took me so long to get around to making this pattern - the Wiksten Unfolding Jacket. I think I was a bit intimidated by how fabric-hungry it sounded. But actually even that wasn't too bad. 


And I loved making it - lots of cutting, but then, as everyone else has said, it comes together quickly, and very neatly. I used stash fabrics: a velboa from Minerva for the shell, and some Goldhawk Road cotton for the lining. I hope it looks smoking-jacket-esque, but it's fairly random.


It was more meant as a wearable toile - but it's very comfortable, and warm, and I like it! I cut a size small and think the fit is great. I'd like to make the short version next.


A match made in Heaven?!


Mmmm all that velboa-y goodness!


See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment