Wednesday, August 26, 2020

My Pomonas

Hello sewers!


It's been over a year since my last post. The first seven months was because I moved to Florida to do a comics course, and had to leave my sweet, sweet sewing equipment behind. And then of course the pandemic happened. Once I came back to the UK I started sewing a lot - it's definitely been a helpful hobby when I can't concentrate on other things (a fairly constant problem these days). I thought I'd start blogging the backlog - it's nice to keep track of the things I make, plus I still enjoy seeing other people's makes and blogs. 

As soon as I saw Anna Allen's Pomona Pants I was keen - I love an elasticated trouser! This is a lovely burnt orange needlecord from my new favourite shop, the wonderful Cousette. It works really well for these trousers - it's fairly light, but keeps its shape and I think it looks great. There are lots of other lovely colours on the website...

I opted for one front pocket and none at the back - I miss having side pockets although the line of these is lovely. I sewed up a straight size 10 with no adjustments. I guess there's some excess fabric around the crotch area, but I think it shows up more in these photos than in real life (also, I think I'm a weird stander!!?) I love these trousers and have worn them an absolute ton since making them a couple of months ago. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment