Sunday, April 2, 2017

Horse jumpsuit

Hello sewers!

Last Saturday was a beautiful day for the Unite for Europe anti-Brexit march in London. There were lots of homemade EU-themed signs, hats and flags on show. I wore my less themed but equally handmade new jumpsuit, and took the chance before the march began to get some photos by the vile horse head statue at Marble Arch. I am really not a fan of this guy. Why is he SO huge and Godfather-overtoned? Run away, horsey, vite vite!

And that concludes public art criticism for the day. Onto the jumpsuit! This is a mash up of the trusty True Bias Hudson Pants pattern, with a Nettie bodice hack. The fabric is a lovely jersey from the Organic Cotton Company.

I extended the rise of the Hudsons by 4.5" to avoid the atomic wedgie situation from my last jumpsuit, and then raised the pockets to match. Apart from leaving off the ankle bands, I made no other changes.

With the bodice, I added a button placket to the front centre, and interfaced both sides. The sleeves are self-drafted tulip ones - I can't find the online tutorial I used now, but this one looks good too. The neckband is just serged and folded under.

I really like this jumpsuit. It's comfortable and practical. And not at all a total man-repeller!

What ho! Public art in front of public art.

Thanks for reading, until soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment